Northwest Cannabis Solutions implements the Integrated Pest Management Program, which focuses mainly on preventive and biological methods of pest and disease control utilizing beneficial bacteria, fungi, nematodes, predatory mites and insects.
In case we have to use chemical control measures we strictly follow the I-502 Pesticide List specifically developed for cannabis growers and allowed in Washington State. All pesticides are OMRI listed and certified for organic production. Pesticides are sprayed during the vegetative stage of plant development, while predatory mites and insects are used during the flowering stage.
Approved pesticides used include:
- Neem oil (vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem tree)
- AzaGuard (extract from neem oil)
- PyGanic (extract from flowers of chrysanthemum plants)
- PFR-97 (beneficial fungus Isaria fumosorosea)
- BotaniGard MAXX (beneficial fungus Baeuveria bassiana)
- Gnatrol (beneficial bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis ssp. israelensis)
- Venarate XC (ferments extracted from bacteria Burkholderia ssp.)
- ZeraTol 2.0 (sanitizer – fungicide, bactericide, algaecide)